Monday, February 7, 2011

Christmas, Anniversary, and More!

If that title doesn't capture your attention, I don't know what will. Sarcasm. :) Really, I should start labeling my blog entries by season instead of by month. It's been awhile, but at least you know we are still here! Before I dive right into the pictures, here's a brief update: Kris is on his last semester of grad school! Hurray! The job search has begun. Tiffany is still at home and loving being a mom. Her most recent project has been decorating Kasey's room! (Julie, you'd be so proud - it's themed and everything!) Kasey is busy, busy, busy! He is learning so many words and talking like a champ. Some of his most recent words are "Molly" "berries" "dishes" "pooh bear" "cookie" and "attic" (He loves our attic!). Congrats Kasey - you've moved from one syllable words to two! Your future looks promising. :) Oh, and as always, he LOVES his grandpas. "Papa, papa!" is all we here from the backseat whenever we are going to visit grandpa.

Here are a few of our adventures in pictures:

Our 5th year anniversary was in December. As we all know, December is a crazy time, so we chose January to celebrate. We dropped Kasey off at his cousins' house, and we headed off for a winter adventure! We decided to try snow-shoeing for the first time. We picked a trail in Ogden canyon, and we were off!
We had the best time. Snow-shoeing is much like hiking, and we love being outdoors! Part of the trail was precariously close to the river, as pictured below. It's thrilling when you know you could slip into icy waters at any wrong step! The scenery was majestic as well.


We stayed the night in a charming little cabin at the Alaskan Inn. We got a group-on deal that we just couldn't pass up! The place had the perfect ambiance - soothing music played as we entered, chilled sparkling cider awaited, and the Alaskan decor combined to give the place a cozy, romantic feel.
We had the best time on a much-needed get-away!
A few other random pics (sorry, these are so not in order). Lately, Kasey loves to lay down next to Molly and snuggle up! Molly will put her paw on Kasey like she's hugging him. :)
"Please can we go outside now?"
When I went to check on Kasey during a nap, I found this. If you look closely, you can see Kasey's hand under the the pad (he's in his pack n' play at Grandma's, so no mattress, just a pad).
I laughed and laughed! Somehow he had wiggled himself under the pad and gone to sleep! I lifted up the pad and found him - zonked!
Kasey wearing Molly's leash. He must be ready for a walk! Another time Kasey grabbed Molly's leash and started walking her around the house. The funny thing is, Molly followed! (Sorry - sidewise - I'm really bad at this blog thing!)
Yeah for balls in playpens! A kid's dream.
Okay - here we are to Christmas. Kasey and dad, testing out Kasey's first remote control.
Kasey's new PJ's (See the little bear on his bum? Below are the words, "Bear Bottom.")
Dad modeling Kasey's new PJ's.
Kasey and dad in twiner Christmas attire.
When we visited my family, we decided to go skiing/snowboarding together. Poor Kasey had an earache, so Grandma opted to tend at the lodge. Here they are napping together!
At Tiffany's house - everyone showing off our brother/sister gifts! See my sweet new shoes from my brother Jake? He's awesome! I sure miss him. He left for his mission right after Christmas. He is currently in the MTC, but soon he'll be leaving for Budapest, Hungary. He is working so hard and doing so well! His faith and testimony uplift us in every letter! We love you Jake!
Back to the skiing trip (sorry, out of order): Kasey having a good time with Uncle Javan!
Playing in the snow with dad.
Wow, these really are out of order! Back to ski trip. :) Kasey, don't get too comfortable in those ski boots! Mom and dad are snowboarders!
With Grandpa Ted, sitting on the old tractor. (I'm not kidding when I say old - this belonged to my Grandpa Payne! We used to go on rides when we were kids.)
Kasey loves to hide behind the Christmas tree.
What better present than a popsicle.
With Grandpa Randy on Christmas.
Kasey loved opening the presents more than the presents themselves. After he opened a present, he hardly paused to check out his new toy; he was on to the next present to unwrap. We had such a wonderful Christmas holiday with both families. Thank you everyone for spoiling us and our son!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I loved your update!!! Congrats on 5 years of marriage, how exciting!!! And that place that you stayed looked super cute! :) Speaking of cute...Kasey, WHAT A CUTIE!!! I loved the pics! He is getting so big, and what a buddy he has in Molly, adorable! YAY to Kris for being SO CLOSE to done!!! Are you looking in MONTANA for any jobs by chance!? hehe ;) Let us know, we can keep our eyes and ears open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What...no pictures of this cute themed bedroom that I would be so proud of?
    Happy belated anniversary!
    Casey is growing up so fast. He looks like quite the bundle of energy!
    The Alaskan Inn is one of our favorite get away places. We love the cabins! I'm glad someone likes the snow. I for one can't wait for Spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love it when you write on your blog! This was such a fun post! Happy belated anniversary! I am so glad you got to have a fun trip all to yourselves! I have never been snow-shoeing. It sounds like so much fun! I miss snow...can you believe I am saying that? We hardly get any here! Your snow pictures are so beautiful!

    That picture of Kasey and Molly cuddling is adorable! I can't believe how well they get along...they act like siblings! And the picture right before they go out to play is hilarious. They have that "mom, let's go" look. Too cute!

    Christmas was a blast, and I am so glad that we got to see you guys! As for the ski boots...I may or may not be trying to brain wash him, so I can have another ski buddy. The skiing type are far out numbered in our fam. :) haha

    I want to see picture of his room! You make such cute decorations! I would love to see them!

    I am so happy for you and Kris that he is almost done with school! Wahoo! On to the next, right? I bet you guys are so ready for that!

    Kasey has grown so much since I have last seen him! What a little man he is becoming! I lover your ball/play pen idea. So fun and WAY more sanitary than the McDonald's ones. haha. EW.

    Longest comment ever. But I loved this post, I love hearing how you guys are doing, and I loved all the pictures! I eat this stuff up! It makes me happy to hear what your up to! I love you and miss you guys like crazy!

    ReplyDelete